1. This too shall pass. Whatever problem, worry, feeling, it will pass. The good things will also pass, so recognize and enjoy them.
2. Hair is not worth being attached to. It comes and goes. It has good days and bad days. It’s just hair, and quite literally it’s a pretty strange concept.
3. Comparison is the thief of joy.
4. Work out. You always feel better after, you’ve never regretted it, and it will add positivity to your day and years to your life. Life is too short not to eat well, so be consistantly active.
5. Breathe through it. Anxiety is temporary. Too much stress makes you physically sick, unfortunately you’ve known this to be horribly true. Combat it with meditation, calming thoughts, cool tunes, bubble baths, beach walks, good books, and candles.
6. Good fitting jeans and a well-cut leather jacket are essentially all you need.
7. Baking is cheaper and more convenient than a therapist, as is cooking. The process of buying the produce, browsing outdoor markets, chopping and measuring your ingredients, all of the smells and sounds, and the pure enjoyment of serving/sharing is so rewarding and lovely for you. Your mind just clears, or it gives you a moment of peace to think about things.
And nothing really beats a warm right out of the oven chocolate chip cookie.
8. Alcohol doesn’t help anything, ever.
9. Flights to different cities and concert tickets are the best use of your spending money. Remember that.
10. You love to be spontaneous and adventurous, with caution.
11. Buy less frivolous things, and buy more expensive items but less frequently. You will take better care of them, and they will last a lifetime.
12. You have a sweet tooth. And it’s ok! Love every bite, and make sure it’s the best.
13. You’re drawn to nice, easygoing, lighthearted people. Anyone that is toxic, jealous, or negative is not worth your time. Period.
14. A lot of the time you enjoy being alone. You’re perfectly content enjoying a meal at a nice cafe or sitting on the beach with no one else, and cherish that, it’s rare. It is ok to be selfish with your time. It’s your life!
15. Black Orchid by Tom Ford and Angel by Thierry Mugler are perfect, don’t waste too much time or money with anything else.
16. Competition, in any form, and competitive people, freak you out. Why can’t everyone win? The hope for everyone to just have fun will always be your belief.
17. Do your best always. You will regret it when you don’t try your hardest, because you know just how very capable you are of everything you really put your mind to.
18. Manners will take you anywhere. Politeness and the ability to make those around you feel comfortable are your good attributes and people recognize that.
19. Stand up for yourself, no matter what. Whether it’s speaking up about a messed up sandwich order or insisting on protection, say something. Also, speak up for opportunities and be your own best advocate. Create the dialogue to help make things happen for yourself. It only takes a few seconds of courage, and in all cases it will pay off.
20. Laugh at yourself. Find humor when you can. Smile.
21. You procrastinate, but not when it really matters. Organize your thoughts and your to-do’s, write them down. Plan accordingly.
23. Read, read, read. Words are the most important thing in this world, and acquiring them is more valuable than anything else. Newspapers, magazines, websites, stories, novels, poems, song lyrics. Read them, absorb them, and then reuse them. Vocabulary!
24. Every year gets better.
25. Have an open mind, and welcome in love in whatever forms it comes. This is a work in progress, but know that protecting yourself from the idea of hurt will only get you so far. Letting in love could really be worth it.
26. You need a lot of sleep to feel your best, and don’t feel guilty about it.
27. Your family members are who helped to shape you into the person that you are today. They will always love you and the experiences and memories you all have together, good and bad, are beautiful. Keep creating them, and spend even more time than you think you should together, because someday it will run out.
28. It’s good to reflect, but not dwell. Pray for those who’ve wronged you and be thankful for all the blessings and loved ones in your life.
29. You’re a lot stronger than you think.
30. No health advice, diet, or prescription is universal; every body is their own body.
31. Put money in the parking meter, your car is not immune, you will get a ticket.
32. You love lists.